We are seeking a talented, creative, experienced freelance writer to research, edit and write action-oriented, engaging profiles and other content about our speakers on a project basis. You will be turning traditional bios (often a boring list of credentials that’s painful to read aloud) into compelling, creative sales tools that will inspire prospects to learn more about the speaker and ultimately hire them. You may also be called upon to write topic descriptions, news stories, promotional emails and other content. Accuracy, concise messaging, and a strategic focus on amplifying a speaker’s key positioning and write in the APB brand voice are essential.
You need to be a great writer and editor with a strategic mind and a deep curiosity about our business. Our speakers work in a range of professions, from politics and world affairs to science and technology, so you’ll also need to be able to grasp new subject areas quickly and write with authority, authenticity and accuracy.
Writing samples are required for consideration. Finalists may also be asked to complete a sample assignment and develop per-project quotes.
- Research, write and edit copy to create effective sales tools
- Strategy, tone, storytelling, task management, and writing
- Edit and proofread copy including content generated by others in the organization.
- Collaborate with our marketing and social media team, bloggers, and other content creators on various projects.
- Quality control and heavy copyediting
- Maintain strict quality and AP style standards
- Work with sales team to best position a speaker’s selling points