Pluralsight is currently hiring a remote Author of Interactive Content specializing in full stack development, to work full-time producing learning material in our Interactive Content formats.
Interactive Content at Pluralsight constitutes the following:
- Interactive Courses – an experience that pairs high quality instruction in short videos with in-browser coding challenges.
- Projects – an experience that enables real-world practice by completing coding challenges on your local computer and having your work checked by Pluralsight.
Pluralsight Authors are a unique breed of technical professional, combining years of in-the-trenches experience, topical leadership, and amazing teaching and communications skills. The Author – Interactive Content role will be primarily responsible for creating content for Pluralsight in the Projects and Interactive Courses content formats. Ideal candidates will demonstrate a strong proficiency as a domain expert in their area of expertise, and a strong proven record of exemplary teaching.
What you’ll do:
- Develop educational interactive content to be published on the Pluralsight platform while demonstrating a fundamental understanding of how to teach and plan content for teaching
- Organize content logically and create visual teaching resources, including sample applications and Keynote/Powerpoint slides; teach and clearly present information on camera
- Write code challenges to support the content being taught and challenge Pluralsight learners
- Set up and operate audiovisual equipment for narrating and editing screen capture and slide-based presentations to produced finished content to Pluralsight standards
- Demonstrate strong narration and writing skills
- Help support interactive content releases through beta testing and launch, ensuring releases are error-free, and fixing bugs when needed.
- Be proficient with developer tools in order to efficiently work with content developers
- Set goals and ensure deadlines are met; review the success of past initiatives and look ahead to future planning
- Mentor and assist new authors with course creation, the transition to video presentation and interactive challenge writing
- Demonstrate commitment and persistence in achieving goals, setting a positive example for strong work ethic
- Be a capable and enthusiastic “lifelong learner”, capable of picking up new techniques, processes, and technologies through continuous and rigorous research and self-directed study
Who you are:
As a remote Author creating Interactive Content, you must also meet the following job requirements and have experience performing the following duties:
- 3-5 years of experience as a developer, with at least 2 years of full stack development experience
Job candidates will be required to prepare and submit a 10 minute author audition showcasing their teaching and communications skills. A Pluralsight Acquisitions Editor will work with selected candidates to help them understand, plan for, and prepare the Audition video.