SmartBrief is seeking a writer with journalism experience to help compile a daily email newsletter on corporate management and leadership best practices. The assignment entails curating insights from publications such as Harvard Business Review and Fast Company, as well as blogs written by leadership experts. Candidates need to be available roughly 6 a.m.-8 a.m. ET each day. Additional work beyond that time frame is available as well.
What we’re looking for:
– Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-intensive, newsroom-style work environment
– The ideal candidate has worked as a writer or editor for a newspaper, trade journal or industry publication with multiple daily deadlines (though not required)
– Summarize online articles, studies and other information for use in e-mail publications.
– Self edit/correct own copy for accuracy, grammar, spelling, etc.
– Use online publishing tools to create email newsletters and other content.