Inside Columbia, Prime and CEO magazines are seeking freelance writers who are passionate about writing. A monthly publication, Inside Columbia (IC) magazine is the premiere source for living, working and having fun in Columbia, Missouri. IC covers news, events, business, food, weddings, arts and culture for a Millennial/Gen X audience. Prime is also a monthly publication and has an affluent Baby Boomer audience. CEO is a business quarterly targeted to local Columbia executives and business owners.
Qualified candidates must demonstrate a strong knowledge in one or more of these Columbia topics –people, culture, food, art and music scene, and business and industry. Experienced and beginning writers are encouraged to apply.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Thorough, accurate, in-depth journalistic reporting, using authoritative, up-to-date sources
- Ability to write engaging, conversational articles with attention to “voice” for a target audience
- Motivated and deadline-driven
- Strong communication skills
- Responsive to editors in terms of project assignments and deadlines
- Pitch story ideas that appeal to readers and work with editorial team to develop assignments
- AP Style proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, or equivalent experience and education