Freelance writing assignments are available with Brilliant.org (est. 2013), a vibrant online learning community that helps students improve and learn new problem-solving skills in such areas as math, science, and engineering.
The following positions allow writers to work remotely from home.
Math and Science Writer
Brilliant.org is looking for a writer to develop informative and engaging Math and Science wiki pages. In this ongoing role the writer will continue to expand and evolve a remarkable compendium of math and science knowledge for high school seniors and/or college math majors. Salary: $30/hour. [ Apply to Job ]
Brilliant.org is looking for a Physics Writer to write wiki pages that will educate and engage students. The writer will contribute to the expansion of the site’s physics-related content by developing easy-to-understand information supported by visual concepts and examples. Salary: $30/hour. [ Apply to Job ]
Science Quiz Writer
Brilliant.org needs a Science Writer to create theoretical quizzes that impart quantitative industry fields to future scientists. This job is ideal for a writer who can research unfamiliar topics, clarify complicated information, and provide problem-solving exercises and quizzes. Candidate will work a minimum of 20 hours weekly. Salary: $40/hour. [ Apply to Job ]
Candidates typically need these skillsets:
- Conceptualize engaging topics and write compelling content
- Research and educate yourself about unfamiliar or unknown topics
- Simplify challenging, intricate topics and extract their basic meanings
- In a clear context explain why a topic is important or insightful
- Develop clear, visual examples to teach–show, don’t tell
- Write effectively and properly
- Collaborate with the design team to produce useful, vibrant images to expound concepts.
Writers with a background in teaching are preferred.