We are seeking a motivated writer to create warm, intelligent, and charming highly original blog posts that offer imaginative and trend-bucking party planning concepts, DIY ideas, gift exchange experiences, recipes–and even insight into the cultural and psychological impacts of gifting, community, and human connection.
Blog articles can range from 900-1200 words. An ideal candidate is someone who has experience in blogging or freelance writing, as well as crafting, party planning, unique gift ideas, or is just an overall savvy creative person. The differentiating factor between a good writer and a great one is the ability to write highly original, but relatable ideas that you wouldn’t find anywhere else on the web.
- You were ahead of the mason jar game before it became a “thing”–and are already on to the next big trend in tabletop decor, which is. . . (you tell us!)
- Your style is both classic and ahead of the curve
- The passion to formulate ideas for, and write insightful pieces on, a very narrow topic.
- Has experience in crafts and DIY, planning party themes, unique gift giving–and loves holidays!
- Knowledge of upcoming pop culture events and trends
- Desire to explore the psychology behind gift giving, or cultural holiday traditions
- Can write in a conversational and lighthearted tone, with genuine warmth, emotion, and a HIGH level of intelligence.