Aquatic Gear Lab is seeking a regular writer with experience writing about kayaking and aquatic sports. The website provides reviews and vital advice regarding aquatic sports to readers, and we’re seeking a team member to create content that will suit the needs of a captive and knowledgeable audience.
As a writer, you will receive regular content assignments from the manager and editor, and you will be expected to complete the assignment within the guidelines given. Article topics can vary, but may include product reviews, advice posts, “best of” posts, and feature articles. Other projects may be requested as the working relationship grows. Further revisions may be requested after work is submitted for review.
- Native English speaker.
- The ability to write at least two 1200-word articles per week.
- The ability to implement editor feedback into future writing.
- Experience writing for online venues and websites.
- Experience with Kayaking and/or aquatic sports. This includes basic product knowledge, safety procedures, and standard practices.
- Familiarity with AP style.
- Can complete standard article requests within three days’ time.
- Strong research skills.
- Can take SEO concerns into consideration when writing content.
- Can keep a consistent line of communication open with managers and editors.
- Familiarity with Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Microsoft Word.