WonderHowTo is looking for a part-time copy editor to help beef up existing content across its network of sites.
You’ll be working through a list of identified content that needs improved, enhancing each article in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Add/replace photos and screenshots
- Make sure all images are legally usable per licenses, copyright, etc.
- Fix image credits
- Expand descriptions and steps with more accurate information and important details
- Fact check and add better sources of information
- Update software-related guides with current software versions
- Add links back to other related content on our site
- Make sure formatting sticks to our in-house style guide
- Rewrite entire guides, in some cases
- Topics will range widely, and will include subjects such as household hacks, Microsoft Excel how-tos, hacking guides, sewing tips, automotive repair, smartphone tutorials,
- Photoshop skills, and beyond.
You’ll be working directly with the Front Page Editor, and other duties may be assigned in the future, such as writing original guides and editing new content from our growing suite of niche science and technology websites (Gadget Hacks, Next Reality, Invisiverse, Null Byte, and Driverless).