Women’s World Banking is looking for a freelance writer to draft blogs, op-eds and articles about our work, along with issue briefs about women’s financial inclusion. This writer will work with Women’s World Banking staff to understand our content and messaging and be able to turn our work into powerful prose for various audiences.
Objective and Responsibilities
- Craft articles of approximately 500-800 words to be posted on our website or other channels and disseminated more broadly
- Understand where Women’s World Banking fits in the global landscape and what issues we can write about for op-eds and other external postings
- Quickly understand Women’s World Banking’s tone and messaging in order to write for a variety of audiences, including the private sector, individual donors, policy makers
- 10 years of writing experience, preferably as a journalist
- Preferred experience writing on topics of finance, gender, financial inclusion, or business
- Ability to draft interesting, easy-to-read articles based on a brief from the Editor and a comprehensive Powerpoint deck. Subject matter experts on staff will be available for interview to address clarifying questions and guidance on accuracy.
This position is intended to be for 15-30 hours per month beginning in February 2018.
Although work can be done virtually, preference will be given to candidates in the New York metropolitan area.