The Standards, Assessment, and Accountability Services division of WestEd is looking for qualified individuals to write traditional and technology-enhanced items and item sets that assess the Next Generation Science Standards and that meet WestEd item writing guidelines.
This posting is a call for consultants who will work as independent 1099 contractors. As such, the per item payment will vary depending on project scope and complexity.
- Degree in science or a related field
- Strong science content knowledge
- Experience writing assessment for the NGSS (multidimensional items)
- High-stakes assessment writing experience (especially for high school science courses)
- Teaching experience or a background in science
- Strong analytical/critical thinking skills
- Ability to meet deadlines within tight timelines, manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to follow detailed writing rules and guidelines
- Strong communication skills
- Open to feedback and review
- Ability to communicate and send files via email and the Internet (please see technical specifications section)
Item writers will need to have consistent high-speed Internet access to our online file storage system and to email.