We are seeking a freelance editor who will review, copyedit, and fact-check content for our clients. The editor will work primarily with consumer-facing legal content written for a lay audience. The editor will ensure content is well-organized, flows well, and is free of grammatical and spelling errors. The editor will verify facts, check the trustworthiness of writers’ resources, and ensure clarity of content for the target audience.
Our ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications:
- Adept at fact-checking and conducting online research;
- Knows how to communicate technical/complex information to general audiences;
- Familiar with best practices for web writing;
- Has 2 to 3 years experience writing or editing web content (preferably, but not necessarily, in the legal field); and
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or English.
**This is a freelance contractor position.**
Interested parties should submit a writing sample, resume, and cover letter.