Love to travel? Better yet, love to write about your travels? We are currently looking for passionate freelance writers to submit their travel stories and guides to our brand new website, WanderGoGo.
WanderGoGo is an online hub for adventure seekers, nomads, travelers, tourists, and vacationers. With plans to launch Mid-June, it will be your one-stop shop for must-have travel gadgets, gear reviews, city guides and travel stories (this is where you come in).
At WanderGoGo, we’re open to all sorts of travel stories and guides from all different places across the globe. We want your city reviews, your narrative non-fiction, your cultural experiences, and your off-the-beaten-path stories. We want your gut-hungry guide to the best street food in Beijing, your 24-hour itinerary for a layover in Amsterdam, and your anti-tourist hit listicle for Bali. And we also want all the details on the gear you took along with you.
- Travel stories, guides, and articles must be a minimum of 800 words.
- When possible, break content up into sections with sub-headings.
- Articles must include a minimum of two (2) photos, and a maximum of eight (8).
- Guides must show a deep understanding of the content contained within. They should be written from knowledge gained from personal experience and supplemented with online research. Guides should never be written on a subject or place you are unfamiliar with or haven’t personally experienced.
- If possible, please include original photographs of places, businesses, documents, meals, etc., that are related to or mentioned in the guide.
- At the end of your article or guide submission, please include the names and model numbers of 3-5 items you find essential to travel with or like to bring along on your trips (think: headphones, travel pillow, backpack, a particular brand or style of luggage, flashlight, water purifier, sneakers, iPad, travel hammock, sandals, hiking shoes, etc.), along with one or two sentences about why you love each item. Items may be specific to the destination you write about, or generic.
- Articles must be original content, previously unpublished.
- All submissions must be in U.S. English
The average pay is $20 per article or guide.
We also offer author attribution and are happy to provide a link back to your website in your author bio.APPLY TO JOB
How to submit:
We accept submissions from both experienced and beginner freelance writers.
Please send your polished travel stories to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your full name, a short bio, a headshot (if you’ve got one), and a link to your website if applicable.
Please send accompanying photos as separate files, rather than embedded into your word document.
Consider yourself a globe-trotter? Cool. We’d be happy to consider as many travel stories from as many destinations as you’ve got.
*Note: We accept rolling submissions. Therefore, there may be a slight delay in response time. While we do our best to read your articles and respond promptly, it may take up to 4 weeks to hear back from us.