VistaComm is a marketing firm that helps agribusinesses communicate better and grow faster.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Conducts interviews, researches, and writes original prose materials for print and electronic publication.
- Interviews, researches, writes copy for a portfolio of accounts.
- Ensures copy deadlines and qualitative standards are met.
- Notifies client in advance of telephone or on-site interviews.
- Takes photos to illustrate information collected.
- Acts as liaison between Production team and client while on-site.
- Communicates pertinent client information to VistaComm team.
- Works with the graphics department to ensure project specifications are met.
- Interviews and writes copy for VisionBuilder process.
- Writes weekly Web Newsroom articles.
- Copywriting of internal projects.
- Represents VistaComm at industry events.
PROFESSIONAL WORKING REQUIREMENTS
- Solid writing ability w/emphasis on feature writing
- Strong photography skills with an emphasis on photo stories and essays
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner before clients, their management and employees, and the public
- Publication design abilities are desirable
- Ability to join and adapt to a well-established team of journalists
- Ability to generate and develop story ideas
- Ability to follow established style guidelines and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, responsible, mature
- Self-starter capable of working effectively without close supervision
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and integrity
- Retain a valid driver’s license and be insurable under corporate insurance, if applicable
Bachelor’s degree, emphasis in journalism, public relations or equivalent experience. Four years related experience as a newsletter writer and/or editor desired. Ag experience a must.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.