Virtual (work from home) writing jobs are available with The Cheat Sheet (est. 2009), a popular website (TheCheatSheet.com) providing time-saving guides, reviews, lists, and tips to help today’s men and women improve every area of their lives.
Currently, the staff needs a Trending News Writer and a Lifestyle Writer to conceptualize new topic ideas and create engaging, reader-friendly content.
Both positions require writers to:
- Identify and report on news stories using Google News and keyword research.
- Pitch story ideas based on industry knowledge.
- Write four articles daily (20 articles weekly), each one addressing a trending topic.
- Ensure content engages and stimulates readers.
- Thoroughly research a topic and provide internal and external links to reference more than one person’s opinion.
- Use a data-driven approach to writing, using analytics to judge an article’s performance.
- Meet all deadlines for article submissions.
To work for The Cheat Sheet, writers usually must have:
- A four-year college degree or comparable work experience.
- Experience in and a passion for writing on various lifestyle topics in different verticals, such as money, cars, sports, entertainment, and fashion.
- An understanding of proper grammar, spelling, style, and punctuation. (Knowledge of AP Style is a plus.).
- The skill to identify in-demand topics, brainstorm story ideas, and engage readers with high-quality, well-written content.
- An understanding of SEO.
Because The Cheat Sheet has a distributed global workforce, writers will work remotely from their location and communicate with team members via online technology.
Compensation: submit your annual salary expectations.