VetsEZ has an opening for a Technical Writer for several large multi-year federal government project. The candidate should have excellent research, writing and communication skills. The candidate should possess an understanding of information design, information architecture, training material development, management, user interfaces, and business analysis. The candidate must have a history to demonstrate an attention to detail, an ability to meet deadlines as well as an ability to be an effective communicator. Knowledge of VA VIP and ProPath support would be considered a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support technical analysis and system requirements documentation for solution/product development. Plan, write, and research project deliverables such as user guides, release notes, administrative documents, and training guides etc.
- Collaborate with developers to identify, produce and maintain technical documentation for all software products.
- Gather requirements and deliver documentation for IT product implementation by conducting interviews, work flow analysis, process analysis, and observation sessions.
[expand title=”Read More”]
- Attend team meetings, review and provide input to requirements, design and user interface; determine if other departmental projects are impacted by the design and disseminate project information to other department members.
- Estimate and schedule deliverables for multiple projects; assess schedule and workload impact when unexpected work arises; adjust schedules; and keep management and project team abreast of schedule changes.
- Must have experience in explaining in simple language scientific and technical ideas that are difficult for the average reader to understand.
- Must have experience in meeting with authors and other team representatives to review documents, compile inputs/corrections, resolve incompatible comments, and provide final publishable documentation.
- Must have excellent command on Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have experience with Microsoft Share Point
- Must have exceptional communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and take pride in your finished work product
- Must reside in the continental US