The U.S. Institute of Peace seeks a talented and versatile freelance writer/editor with at least 5 to 15 years of professional experience and an understanding of foreign affairs, national security and overseas development issues to write, edit and proofread a range of materials designed to present the Institute’s unique work to a broad audience on multiple platforms.
The freelance writer/editor would research, report, edit or otherwise prepare, as needed, materials including but not limited to:
- Articles for USIP.org, including analysis, commentary, “In the Field” accounts, Q&A’s, blog posts and others, some under urgent deadlines for current news pegs or major USIP events.
- Event announcements
- Fact sheets
- Press releases
- Miscellaneous text for USIP.org
- Op-eds or other articles for placement in external media outlets
- Scripts or other text for USIP-produced videos
- Text and content for other communications-related materials such as info graphics, website pages, social media, etc.
The Institute’s audience for these materials may include lawmakers; officials and their staffs; experts and practitioners in diplomacy, development work or conflict resolution; and news media.
Compensation is hourly and commensurate with qualifications and experience.