UNCDF seeks a copy editor with experience in microfinance-related communication in order to support (copying editing, revisions, proof reading) the knowledge management activities of MicroLead, MM4P and Youthstart.
The consultant needs to perform the following activities:
- Edit the first draft of knowledge products, to ensure clarity, consistency and readability of the text for the intended audience;
- Under the guidance of the Technical Writer or knowledge management associate, assemble all sections suggestions, re-writing as necessary, adding/editing boxes of interest, tables and charts bringing the manuscript to full completion including all necessary components (table of contents, foreword, preface, introduction, bibliography, tables, annexes, boxes, etc.);
- Point out factual inconsistencies in arguments, political nuances, faulty logic, and awkward or unclear passages and suggest solutions;
- Ensure all references are in order, requesting source information for tables and figures when such information is missing;
- Ensure incorporation of feedback from internal and external peer reviewers into the draft manuscript;
- Work closely with the Technical Writer, Knowledge Management Associate and the graphic designer to develop ideas for graphics and charts that creatively convey key messages/data in the manuscript;
- Proof-read the final texts as laid out by the designer to ensure both text and associated graphics are error free and ready for printing.
Deliverables of the knowledge product:
- Copy edit 1st draft of knowledge products for peer review;
- Copy edit 2nd draft of knowledge product that incorporates changes of technical writer after peer review;
- Revisions to graphic designer version;
- Proof-read the final text as laid out by the designer.
Prior to the development of each knowledge product, the consultant needs to submit for approval to the Knowledge Management Associate a quote with an estimation of the days it will take him/her to complete the 4 deliverables of the knowledge product.
Payments will be done at the completion of each knowledge product.