Un-ruly.com exists to celebrate and inspire the versatility and beauty of Black hair and women. So we’re always looking for people who have something to say and feel that their words can inspire others. Whether you’re someone who has her finger on the pulse of hairstyle trends or you’re passionate about issues facing women and the global Black community, your perspective could have a place on Un-ruly.com.
We’re looking for writers with a strong sense of voice and the ability to look at things differently, adding something new to the conversations taking place around us.
The ideal candidate…
- Has at least four years of experience writing web content
- Understands how competitive the online content space is and works hard to create content that stands out
- Pays attention to detail, cares about the quality of her work and strives to be the best in her field
- Can write short form and long form content across various subject matters (i.e. think pieces, hairstyle trend pieces and how-to’s)
- Is highly opinionated but loves playing devil’s advocate and considering various perspectives
- Enjoys researching her work to add more depth and utility to the content
- Enjoys experimenting with her work, playing with various content formats
- Loves beauty and Black hair!
- Has at least a basic understanding of SEO
- Is used to working in a deadline-oriented environment
- Is familiar with WordPress or similar Content Management Systems (CMSs)
- Ideally has a DSLR camera or access to one (although we can also provide this)
- Ideally has a journalism background
This is not a full or part-time opportunity. Although it’s listed as temporary, we’re looking for contributors on an ongoing basis. Contributors are compensated on a per article basis on an agreed upon short-from and long-form rate.