Twinfinite is a video game enthusiast site that launched in October of 2011. Our coverage includes breaking news, wide-ranging analysis, and fun, positive, light-hearted takes on popular video game topics.
The News Editor will be primarily responsible for leading Twinfinite’s news coverage efforts.
You’ll work alongside the editorial staff and contributors to break news, edit copy, assign features centered on popular topics for the day, cover events and livestreams, and participate in the headline development process.
Your day to day will consist of breaking news, covering offbeat gaming stories, reaching out to companies for comment or interviews, and editing posts to ensure high quality standards are met on the frontpage.
- Experience with an online video game publication
- Comprehension of WordPress and Slack
- Knowledgeable and passionate about popular game series, trends, and topics
- High editorial standards and the ability to publish news articles without supervision with minimal to no errors and an adherence to AP style
- Demonstrates the capability of finding interesting news topics beyond traditional channels, is able to discern what is and isn’t newsworthy, as well as which sources are trustworthy
- The ability to reach out to industry contacts for news coverage or interview purposes