The Healthcare Research Writer-Editor researches, writes, and edits technical materials, such as scientific or technical research reports, government or commercial proposals, and healthcare journal manuscripts. The writer-editor supports multiple researchers and projects across the business.
Note: This position is open to Telecommuting (US).
- Draft manuscripts, literature reviews, reports, and sections of proposals with support from literature, an outline, or results from statistical analyses
- Translate complex technical and scientific concepts into plain English
- Craft crisp, targeted, strategically driven, engaging, and accurate copy for various audiences and healthcare topics
- Perform substantive and technical editing of documents written by Truven Health researchers, consultants, and contractors
- Use available research tools effectively (e.g., PubMed)
- Adhere to corporate and client research and editorial standards to ensure data consistency
- Apply style and formatting guidelines (e.g., Government Printing Office Style Manual, AMA Manual of Style, Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association) as appropriate for the document
- Ensure client satisfaction by anticipating client needs and meeting deliverable deadlines