The writer will work with news producer in putting their programs and promotion together. Responsibilities may include writing and editing media for news broadcasts. The producer/writer also must have prior on-line producing experience.
• Writes stories and promotion assigned by the executive producer.
• Logs media.
• Reads wires, internet, social media and monitors other broadcasts for late breaking stories for updated promotion opportunities.
• Assists reporters by taking scripts or other information from them by phone, email or any other means when they are in the field.
• Produces promotion for regularly scheduled cut-ins or for special Reports.
• Must have line-producing and digital media experience.
• May have to produce other news programs as assigned.
• May be assigned to a variety of shifts including weekends and overnights
• May need to perform other duties including but not limited to teleprompter, traffic production, crawl and graphics.