TorchLight seeks a part-time Technical Writer for a trade association in Washington, DC. This is a remote, contract role working 15-20 hours/week on writing telecom-specific materials such as bylines, web, social, email and blog content. MUST BE LOCAL TO DC METRO AREA AND MUST HAVE TELECOM EXPERIENCE.
- Write original content and own the editing and publishing of copy on a defined set of topics and audiences
- Manage the editorial calendar for messages across the organization
- Aggregate content for industry and association activities, trends and accomplishments
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or equivalent experience in related field
- Technical knowledge of the information and communications technology industry particularly telecom
- Extremely strong verbal and written skills