Our growing, three-hospital health system in coastal South Carolina is seeking several experienced writers for regular freelance work writing health and wellness articles.
Applicants should have previous journalism experience. Preferred candidates will have a background writing about health and wellness topics for a general audience.
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ability to produce accurate and polished copy on a regular basis
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Strong multi-tasking and communication skills
- Knowledge of, and interest in, health and wellness
- Fluency in AP style
- Ability to work autonomously and meet deadlines
- Strong research skills
- Ability to translate industry terminology into language a general audience can understand
Successful candidates will be part of a team of writers that will produce regular content for a new health and wellness website. Our goal is to create engaging content that is both informational and interesting to read. Applicants should expect to write approximately one story per week, typically in the range of 300-400 words.
This is a remote position that offers competitive pay.