The Walters Art Museum seeks an experienced Web Content Writer to write new content for a redesigned website that will launch an exciting and compelling new view of the museum in late spring 2018. We need someone with expert writing skills to create clear, direct, and appealing editorial content; strong SEO expertise; and the ability to collaborate successfully with an internal editorial team and an external web design firm.
This is an independant contract position; there are no set hours.
Scope of Work
- Summary of competitive analysis / best practices research
- Assistance with writing style guidelines for the new website
- Writing and revisions for approximately 100 core pages, with a first phase focused on evergreen, institutional content
- Participation in on-site team meetings
- Delivery of projects on-time and within budget and scope
- Possibility of additional writing projects that align with new content.
- Writing: December 1, 2017 – March 1, 2018
- Initial Content: Late February 2018
- Revisions: Ongoing
- Final Content: March 1, 2018
- Flat project fee or per word fee (please do not include hourly rate) based on submission of deliverables at agreed-upon schedule.
- There may be out-of-pocket expenses.