The contract grant writer will work collaboratively with the Executive Director and staff to pursue foundation, corporate and government grants for an annual organizational budget of just under $1 million. The ideal candidate will come with a proven track record of successful grant writing experience specific to issues pertaining to poverty, poverty elimination, and social services.
As a contract grant writer, the candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations
- Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports
- Conducting prospect research, including maintaining and updating the prospect list
- Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals
- Meeting weekly with the Executive Director to set and manage grant writing goals