The Humane League, an international farm animal advocacy group, is looking for an experienced, talented and inspired writer who can help bring our message to a larger audience. This is a temporary contract role at a rate of $25 per hour. Please provide a professional, published portfolio of relevant writing samples with your resume.
As we grow and expand our reach, we need professional writing talent to support several key strategic initiatives. You will help us with a number of projects related to our work on behalf of farm animals.
- Develop compelling content for a website related to compassionate food choices
- Create a standalone compassionate eating guide–approximately 10 pages
- Write other original content as needed, which may include e-mails, blogs, magazine articles, etc.
You’re a detail-oriented writer who can research topics and then spin an engaging story. You are skilled at teasing out direction from internal clients, and you’re able to produce quality work on tight deadlines.
- Writing/publishing experience and strong English grammar skills
- Previous work related to animal protection, compassionate lifestyles or animal rights
- Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style and adaptable to company-specific style guides
- Ability to complete project on an established deadline