The Adventure Junkies (website) is a web publication that provides resources for people who want to get into outdoor adventure activities.
We are looking for an experienced writer to write content for our hiking section on a consistent basis. The ideal writer is someone with the ability to clearly explain various hiking skills, how to get started hiking and how to choose gear to a complete beginner.
Section writers are assigned topics according to our content strategy and must be able to closely follow guidelines. You will be working within our content production platform and must be able to adapt your writing style to fit our content needs.
Section writers must be able to consistently deliver assignments (once a week). Writers work as independent contractors and are paid a fixed rate of $75 USD per article. Articles have a minimum word count of 1000 words.
- At least 3 published articles for a web publication (hiking related articles are a plus)
- Ability to write one article per week (articles will be assigned in bulk so you can write them ahead of time).
- Knowledge of various types of hiking – day hiking and multi-day backpacking (backcountry knowledge is a plus)
- Ability to write in a friendly, casual tone.
- Knowledge of various hiking skills such as trip planning, navigation, training, packing and safety.
- Experience hiking with kids, dogs, and older people is a big plus.
Please apply for this job here: http://theadventurejunkies.com/jobs
Select hiking and fill out the application.
Thank you for your interest in this position.