The Abolish Foundation is a Canadian not-for-profit that creates social impact campaigns to complement the social issues explored by Wishing Step Pictures. Our call to action is the Free2Work app, which lets customers scan barcodes of various products to discern the chance that forced or bonded labour was involved in those products’ supply chains. The idea is to enable consumers to make more informed decisions when it comes to their purchases.
We are seeking a part-time grant writer to develop and send grant proposals for our Free2Work app. The ideal candidate should have both an interest in social issues as well as experience writing grant proposals for apps. After this project, there is the potential for ongoing grant writing for our documentary.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Research and identify relevant funding opportunities including private foundations, corporations, and government agencies
- Create and maintain a spreadsheet listing all relevant funding opportunities
- Work with the Production Manager to create a proposal calendar
- Develop and write proposals for relevant grants
- Finalize grants based on comments from Directors and Production Manager
- Track the progress of grant proposals
- Provide regular detailed reports on grant opportunities and the status of grants applied for