TEKsystems is partnering with a leading enterprise government integrator to immediately hire a remote technical editor.
Job responsibilities include:
- Reviews and edits materials for technical deliverables, reports, manuals, guides, briefs, proposals materials, software and hardware documentation, and other technical publications for submission/publication.
- Performs editorial review of technical documents, to ensure compliance with established policies, guidelines and standards for format, style, writing and quality.
- Assists in improving the documentation, including making recommendations on guidelines, templates, and processes.
- Works with multiple internal and external stakeholders to ensure input is received and processed in the required time-frames.
- Works with the technical staff and Subject Matter Experts to prepare and maintain procedural, system, user, and technical documentation for publication
- Works with the customer and stakeholders during editorial processes to ensure feedback is integrated as required.
- Participates in the design and development of proposals, marketing brochures, program communications, and other materials when requested.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Maintain /enforce documentation standards and procedures.
Qualified candidates must have:
- 3+ years of related experience preparing and editing technical documentation
- Must be able to obtain/maintain an active Secret Clearance
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications, with emphasis on MS Word and Visio
- SharePoint experience preferred (user, not admin)
- Excellent attention to detail and quality
- BS/BA Degree in English, Journalism or a related discipline highly preferred but not required