Are you a dynamic storyteller with the ability to captivate a diverse audience with the written word? If so, we’d love to hear from you. In a freelance writing position at TeamWorks Media, your work will be featured in select client projects, published online (with a byline), and supported through social sharing and tailored outreach. TeamWorks Media clients tend to straddle the worlds of sports and education with a higher purpose underlying it all.
The qualities we look for in a writer reflect the caliber of clients we work with and the quality of work we produce.
- Researching background for any piece you are writing
- Setting up interviews with featured/quoted or supporting subjects of your work
- Tracking down photo or video support for each piece
- Writing impactful, thought-provoking and sharable stories
- Revisiting your work and making improvements/edits before submitting
- Organizing your work schedule (especially if you are writing for multiple clients at once)
- Meeting deadlines set forth by the TeamWorks Media editorial director
It could be you if…
- You love to write.
- You have experience writing for an editor/client with specific goals in mind.
- You are able to express your ideas clearly and with purpose.
- You are a self-starter, don’t procrastinate, and can tackle challenges to get the best results.
- You are comfortable interviewing people on numerous topics, bringing out the best in them for a story.
- When the unexpected happens, you rise to the occasion.
- You are comfortable with short-form and long-form writing.
- You exude energy and confidence in your work.
- You are versatile in voice and know what tone to take based on the platform and audience.
- You embrace the idea of making a difference.