TCK Publishing is a book publishing company reaching over 60,000 writers every month through our blog posts, videos, and podcast show. We publish fiction and nonfiction books in all major markets and genres, and we’re searching for the perfect candidate to fill our Senior Editor position.
This position plays a critical part in reviewing submitted manuscripts and providing editing and guidance for our clients.
We’re looking for a talented editor who has been in the publishing business for three to five years or more.
You must absolutely love editing and books. If this is not your dream job, please do not apply.
You must have a growth mindset and be willing to constantly learn new things about writing, editing, and marketing.
Job responsibilities include:
- Review submitted manuscripts and provide free sample edits for potential clients
- Communicate with potential clients and give them clear instructions on how to improve their writing
- Edit books for existing and future clients
- Attend Writer’s Conferences and industry events to network, take pitches, and seek out great writing talent
- Build long-term relationships with our clients by encouraging and advising them on ways to overcome any writing challenges they may have with their upcoming book
What you need for this position:
- Great writing and editing skills
- A desire to help create world-class books
- A proven ability to manage multiple projects at once
- The ability to direct and lead a variety of clients in different markets and genres
- A strong sense of curiosity
The ideal candidate will have:
- Prior experience in editing manuscripts
- A proven track record of success
- A solid portfolio of writing samples
This is a full-time, virtual position. You can work from anywhere as long as you have access to high-speed internet and a phone.