Taste of Country, a leading country music news website, is seeking a part-time Freelance Editor to work nights and weekends.
This job is ideal for a sharp editor who enthusiastically follows mainstream country music and keeps abreast of emerging and breaking trends in the industry in order to produce original content.
The successful candidate will:
- Navigate and sift through nightly news.
- Write and publish breaking stories quickly.
- Create engaging, shareable social media content in realtime.
- Report on (and live tweet) country music events on TV.
- Create entertaining galleries and listicles according to what’s trending.
- Self-edit stories to ensure accuracy and consistency.
Candidate must have:
- Professional editing experience.
- A broad knowledge of modern country music (’90s and beyond).
- Proficiency in using Photoshop.
- A flexible schedule to work evenings.
Because this is a work-from-home role, the candidate must have high-speed Internet, a working computer and a smart phone.
Compensation: to be discussed with qualified candidates.