Talking Rain, the maker of Sparkling Ice, is looking for a freelance Copywriter to help us apply our Corporate brand voice to several projects, including our website. This role will partner with our internal teams to bring our content alive by applying our approachable, resourceful, quirky voice. This is a great opportunity for a freelance professional to help us make puns, but only where appropriate.
- Ensure all content is consistent in personality, voice, and tone.
- Facilitate sessions with clients to understand their content, goals, and guidelines.
- Develop & manage a content calendar to keep all stakeholders up to date and aligned.
- Evaluate and optimize a wide variety of existing and new content for both internal and external audiences
- Write and edit a variety of content as needed, including brand development documents, website content, and internal policies.
- Author fluid content that leverages key words for SEO maximization.
- Provide strategic recommendations around the sustainment of content, including the training of teammates in being better content authors.
- Ensure food safety, quality, and SQF practices are followed at all times, notifying immediate supervisor of any food safety and/or quality issues.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, or a related field preferred; equivalent experience accepted.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of copywriting experience, with an emphasis on brand and B2C.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to dedicate at least 20 hours a week for the next three to six (3-6) months.
- Ability to act as a 1099 contractor, supplying your own laptop to complete assignments.