Student Loan Hero (SLH) combines financial education with easy-to-use tools to help the millions of Americans living with student loan debt to manage their student loans smarter.
The Copywriter’s task is to take web pages, emails, and other content and create copy that improves conversion rates and gets results.
Key skills include:
- Making boring topics (like student loans and personal finance) interesting and fun.
- Understanding psychology and human behavior and why people think and act the way they do.
- Finding the right words to educate, inspire, and motivate users to take action.
- Create clear and engaging copy that’s honest and helpful (and not hype).
- Ability to find weak spots in web and email copy and strengthen those weaknesses.
- A focus on results — you’re not merely creating new copy and calling it a day. Instead, you’re focused on making sure what you produce gets the desired results.
The ideal candidate for this position should have an entrepreneurial mind-set and be ready to take on and initiate new projects as he or she sees the need arise.