Sotheby’s is launching a new initiative and is looking for a contract-base Artist Writer/Editor for an Artists Research Project.
We are looking for a freelance professional dual-role writer and editor to write original content on artist biography; document artist’s important & known artwork; and identify related and similar artists. The Artist Writer/Editor must work independently to conduct research, write, and perform editorial functions to assure accuracy and consistency.
You can live anywhere and write any time, we are seeking a candidate that is self-organized and able to manage their own time and meet deadlines accordingly.
Assignment length and availability depends on the overall project. Phase I consists of original writings for a list of less than 100 selected artists.
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent writing skills (2+ years of professional writing preferred)
- Excellent editing skills
- Knowledge on artists and art history
- Experience with art historical research and writing
- Experience (freelance and journalistic experience preferred)
- Proven mastery of grammar, syntax, usage, tone, and spelling
- Ability to self-edit and submit client-ready work quickly