Snapchat is hiring a (remote) Copy Editor to shape how Our Stories utilizes the written word to drive inventive, engaging storytelling.
The candidate will write and edit succinct, lively copy across the site’s Entertainment, Life and Culture, Sports, and News/Politics verticals.
- Write and edit copy on the spot, including headlines, captions, fact filters, etc.
- Inspect graphics for accuracy, brevity, grammar, style, and voice.
- Preserve a consistent and uniform tone of voice across all copy.
- Team up with story editors and content producers.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- 2+ years experience in print or digital media.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Excellent editorial judgment for proofreading, spelling, and grammar.
- Knowledgeable about pop culture, internet trends, and current events.
- The ability to ditch conventional/tiresome writing norms when ideal.
- Deadline-driven and organized.
- Multilingual a strong plus.
- A passion for Snapchat and creativity.
Compensation: to be discussed with qualified candidates.
This is a contracted, remote, part-time position that requires the candidate to work evenings and weekends as required.