Snapchat is searching for a Copy Editor to cover evening and weekend shifts when we are creating Our Stories!
As a Copy Editor for Our Stories, you’ll write concise, witty copy across the Entertainment, Life and Culture, Sports, and News/Politics verticals. Working closely with the Content team, you’ll play a key role in shaping how Our Stories uses the written word to drive innovative storytelling. This is a contracted, remote, part-time role that requires flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
What you’ll do:
- Write and edit copy on the fly, including headlines, captions, fact filters, etc.
- Check graphics for accuracy, brevity, grammar, style, and voice
- Maintain consistent tone of voice across all copy
- Exercise excellent editorial judgment
- Collaborate with story editors and producers
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 2+ years experience in print or digital media
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Expert eye for proofreading, spelling, and grammar
- Consistent ability to match (and nail) tone of voice
- Excellent written communication skills and a sharp attention to detail
- Someone who’s willing to break with conventional/tiresome writing standards when appropriate
- Someone who’s extremely organized and who works well under tight deadlines and breaking news pressure
- Someone who’s up to date on pop culture, internet trends, and current events
- Added plus if you’re multilingual
- A passion for Snapchat and creativity!