Smart Wires is seeking a Contract Technical Editor to work with us on a temporary assignment assisting with the development and completion of customer-facing documents such as User Manuals and Application Guides. This position will be 20-40 hours per week and will last between 4 weeks and 3 months depending on the work product that you put out on your first projects.
The Technical Editor will:
- Take documents developed by the technical team and refine the document’s content and presentation to assure it easy to follow and will guide the end users to learn how to use the products
- Coordinate reviews with the technical experts to review select areas and gather feedback
- Incorporate said feedback into the documents and re-review with experts for correctness
- In cases where procedures are discussed, validate the procedures by executing them on the end equipment if practical
Requirements for the position include:
- Previous experience in writing manuals for highly technical and complex electrical systems
- Working knowledge of electrical transmission grids and utility systems
- Knowledge of utility Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) is highly desirable but not required.
- The technical team is global and it will be required at times to meet very early in the morning to sync with colleagues that are 12 hours ahead.