Scope of Work:
Edit: technical reports, journal articles, quality assurance project plans, and standard operating procedures.
- Assess document completeness and help rewrite or reorganize content as necessary for flow and clarity. Correct document organization, format, coherence, consistency, and content as well as syntax, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Rewrite text from numerous writers to ensure consistency in tone and document clarity, conduct on-line and library research to verify correctness, and check and insert hyperlinks in documents.
- Translate highly complex technical information to content understandable by a general audience.
- Ensure documents adhere to specified guidelines such as journal instructions for authors, customer guidance, style manuals, and other conventions. Research the journal requirements if necessary.
- Work with authors to resolve technical issues.
- Provide special writing assistance to authors for whom English is a second language.
- Develop and use MS Word templates for a variety of document types.
- Make documents 508-compliant.
- Format and polish documents for final delivery to customers.
- Estimate the number of hours required to edit a document.
Location: Remote (Offsite)