The proofreader copy editor plays a key role in ensuring the editorial accuracy and integrity of Marketing and Communications deliverables. He or she will be a central player in our content development process and an integral member of our content team. The proofreader copy editor will proofread and copy edit a variety of materials. He or she may be asked to review a document for the first time, make sure the manuscript matches approved materials, a set of changes, or a previous submission, or perform do a side-by-side comparisons to original source documents. The proofreader will need to be experienced reviewing both digital (interactive) and print pieces, and skilled at marking up materials electronically or by hand.
- Copy edit, proofread, and fact check a wide range of deliverables.
- Perform line-editing and proofreading, checking for formatting consistency, grammatical accuracy and spelling errors.
- Check for adherence to HPP/AP style and/or brand editorial style guides.
- Confirm pages are logically arranged and exist in their entirety (i.e., not cut off).
- Assesses design elements (e.g., borders arenâ€™t blurred).
- Ensure page numbers and headings are correct.
- Match chapter headings to Table of Contents.
- Verify web site links and phone numbers are accurate.
- Other duties as assigned.