Saylor Academy (est. 2008), a publisher of career-advancement courses at the college and professional levels, is looking for Freelance Assessment Writers to compose and revise subject-specific assessments for its OER-based courseware.
This job requires writers to revise or replace entire or partial final exam questions that have been flagged for dropping below satisfactory psychometric benchmarks or for not complying with other criteria for assessment items. Writers will make sure assessment items are new, distinct, original, and aligned to the learning outcomes of the course.
- Experience teaching at the college level;
- Experience creating assessments for specific course(s);
- A Ph.D. in a related academic discipline OR an M.S., M.A, or MBA and experience for business faculty;
- Dedication to alternative education models;
- Ability to work independently without daily guidance; and
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Writers will work remotely from home.
Compensation: payments are issued on a per project basis.
Saylor Academy is also seeking faculty members to author new final exams for a variety of courses. The type and composition of new exams is based on the subject-matter of the course needed.