Rethink Autism is looking for a freelance special education curriculum writer to write accommodations and modifications for general education lessons for grades K – 5 math and ELA. This is a part-time position working remotely.
- Using previously-written, general education, academic lessons based on the CCSS, develop accommodations and modifications for the Tier I, II, and III students.
- Write clear, easy-to-follow instructions for the teacher.
- Work with designers to modify existing materials and create additional resource materials to accommodate students with special needs.
- Work independently to complete assignments on schedule.
- Bachelors or Masters in Special Education, Education, or related field
- BCBA or BCaBA certification preferred
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Familiarity with the CCSS for both ELA and Math
- Highly motivated
- Attention to detail
Rethink’s purpose is to inspire and equip educators with powerful tools to promote inclusion, address behavior, and personalize instruction for every child.