RealtyShares is looking for a freelance content writer to assist with editorial projects and provide support to the communications team. You will focus on drafting blog articles, educational pieces and press releases, as well as editing work from outside contributors. The role will also include developing content for websites, proofreading, fact-checking assisting on marketing campaigns, and social media.
Candidates should have a deep understanding of real estate, finance or investing, and be able to communicate complex concepts with clarity.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Compiling and writing news stories, blog articles and executive profiles, researching story leads, fact-checking, copy editing and reviewing editorial submissions.
- Candidate must possess exceptional research, writing and editing skills, meticulous attention to detail.
- Work closely with various departments to develop story angles.
- 5+ years of content writing experience
- A portfolio with press releases or writing samples.
- Project-based work. Local candidates preferred, with the ability to work on-site occasionally.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience writing with AP Style.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing startup environment. Entrepreneurial spirit, highly motivated and results oriented.