Beginning immediately: QuantumBio Inc. is looking for a professional, freelance technical editor/writer to aid in the composition of manuscripts for peer reviewed publication, grant proposal submission, and sales/marketing.
Location: Anywhere (telecommuting is acceptable).
- Partner with an energetic team of computational chemists and software engineers to transition draft manuscripts into professional publications suitable for consumption by other scientists in the field.
- Provide useful insights in the development of these manuscripts from the perspective of the intelligent reader.
- Comprehensive editing: for both content (for completeness, accuracy, and appropriate language) and form (for organization, visual design, and usability).
- Copyediting: to ensure that the document is mechanically correct (spelling, punctuation, and grammar) and stylistically consistent.
- Proofreading: compare the final version of the document with the marked-up version to make sure that all corrections have been made.
- Take on ad-hoc writing as they arise.
- Fluent English communication skills including excellent writing, grammar, spelling and formatting.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field is preferred.
- Strong analytical thinking and writing skills.
- Significant experience writing, developing, and editing manuscripts in preparation for submission to major, peer reviewed journals in the same fields.
- Experience writing, developing, and editing proposals in preparation for submission to grant agencies such as the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the National Science Foundation (NSF).
- Exposure to statistical and computational methods.
- Independent work ethic.
- Experience with Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Endnote, and Skype.
Additional Considered Experience/Certifications:
- Practical as well as theoretical understanding of structure based drug discovery methods.
- Experience with sales/marketing material composition and scientific software documentation development will be considered.
- Certification with the Society for Technical Communication (or similar body).