Procurify is looking for a Freelance Journalist to join our Marketing Team! If you’re ready to join one of the fastest growing Vancouver startups, this might be the career for you. We are looking for a very special type of person to sit alongside our ear wiggling, soccer playing, creative thinking, always helping, always learning group of people. We want people who will tackle challenges head on, embrace failure, and are ready to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty.
So what does a Journalist at Procurify do? You will take charge of a variety of content creation responsibilities. Your primary responsibility will be to create consumable Thought Leadership around Procurify and the ways in which a proactive Spend Culture influences businesses.
- Interviewing Finance and Accounting leaders for our podcast – including, but not limited to, influential CFOs, up-and-coming financial controllers, and many other professionals working in Accounting and Finance
- Transcription of podcasts – turning them into consumable blog posts
- Create blog posts on content centered around Procurify. A story is only as strong as the sources you have quoted. To that end, you will be required to source quotes from business, Finance and Purchasing leaders across companies
- Evaluate audience engagement to drive future content
- A portfolio of writing that shows your chops in Business, Finance and Tech
- An interest in and an aptitude for Corporate Finance and Business
- Experience working in print, broadcast and/or digital news media
- Strong writing and editing skills
- A good grasp of digital journalism best practices, and online editorial strategies
- Top notch attention to detail and prioritization skills – especially when it comes to deadlines
- Bonus points for experience in Purchasing & Procurement