On behalf of our client, Procom Services is searching for a Digital Technical Writer for a remote contract opportunity.
- Contribute to developing documentation methodology, frameworks and techniques for producing technical communications.
- Use effective project management to meet established deadlines.
- Use skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices, company policies, and procedures.
- Execution of knowledge management ranging from producing content management and managing customer services content to open collaborative authoring, based on KCS principles.
- Identify, build, design and publish templates with an eye for reuse for consistency.
- Apply principles and methods of curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups to development of communications.
- Work with internal teams and SME to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements, considering alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Develop and document standard policy, operating process/procedure and customer service guidelines relating to IT support.
- Assist in processing content requests, prioritization and assignment of projects. Prepare and assist with preparation, coordination, copyediting, and proofing of large and small proposals.
- Design, create and maintain appropriate information architecture.
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience, paying attention to detail.
- Write end-user and internal-user procedural/task-based documentation such as user’s guides, getting started guides, best practices, and knowledge base articles.
- May also write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help, FAQs and developer guides.