PotGuide is searching for a freelance writer with expert marijuana knowledge and writing skills. The Freelance Cannabis Writer will coordinate with the Content Coordinator to create content and ensure all writing is consistently aligned with the company’s vision and style.
The Freelance Writer must be proficient in writing and editorial skills, as well as researching complex ideas related to the cannabis topics above. A prior knowledge of cannabis and a working relationship with the plant are needed to fully encapsulate the responsibilities of this position.
This is a pay-per-word freelance position with an opportunity to learn, grow and make a name for yourself within the cannabis industry.
- Write content catered to the needs of the business, as directed by the Content Coordinator
- Research a variety of cannabis topics to ensure credibility in all forms of work
- Stay up to date on the latest cannabis news, products and cultural trends
- Understand the target audience to create content catered to PotGuide’s demographic
- Brainstorm new content ideas to pitch to the Content Coordinator
- Work in an autonomous fashion, relying on personal cannabis and writing knowledge
- Maintain consistency and credibility in tone, style and word choice
- Ability to use targeted keywords to maximize search engine optimization (SEO)