Pop Ratio, a boutique communications firm specializing in public relations and social media, is seeking a Social Media Writer and Content Creator to work on a contract, remote basis. The first contract would be for six months, with the opportunity for an extension or growth into a full time roll in the future.
We’re seeking someone that likes the sound of the position responsibilities, is confident that they meet the requirements and provides application answers that fit our company’s core values.
At Pop Ratio, we love what we do. Ensuring our clients are satisfied and getting the results they need is our number one priority. We work with passion, creativity, integrity and high professional standards.
The person that takes on this position would work directly with the owner of the company, a transparent, hands-on worker and enthusiastic leader with the desire to teach and mentor.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Write copy that speaks to existing media – images and video, with provided content editorial calendar (approximately 50 unique posts per week for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, divided into posts for 3 assigned clients)
- Requires the ability and creativity to write in multiple voices in an engaging manner. Brand guidebooks are provided.
- Create copy and content such as collages and basic videos using existing media – images and video (approximately 10 posts weekly)
- Requires creative vision and the desire to try new things, formats, layouts and ways to “package” media
- Submit all social media copy for approval through Sprout Social
- Requires the ability to revise or re-write copy based on feedback
- Once approved, schedule all messaging for publishing through Sprout Social
- Sprout Social training can be provided
- Meet with co-workers on a bi-weekly basis for one hour, in a central Houston location
- Stay up-to-date with client news and happenings through dedicated project management software
- Maintain regular email communication with co-workers