POP (est. 1996), an ad agency, is searching for Freelance Writers to write content and develop stories for various clients in the retail, gaming, and technical industries.
Writers don’t need to specialize in an industry since each assignment will require writers to do extensive research on topics, as well as interview SMEs and other industry pros to add credibility to their articles. Writers should be experienced in writing for print media.
POP may not have immediate assignments to outsource, but still wants freelance writers to submit a resume and professional qualifications to be considered upcoming work.
- Collaborate with editorial staff to conceive story ideas, or to flesh-out existing stories;
- Interview trade industry pros, if needed, to build trustworthy stories with facts, quotes, and data;
- Develop up to three stories weekly, about 500 words each, and apply client and in-house suggestions into story improvements;
- Optimize content to increase reader engagement and social media outreach.
The Ideal Writer:
- You understand omni-channel communications (print, digital, social media, mobile);
- You can write expert-level content on a range of subjects and in different styles;
- You are comfortable interviewing subject matter experts on foreign topics;
- You are a published writer whose work has appeared in magazines and websites;
- You write in a conversational, reader-friendly style who can convey information clearly and effectively.
Payment: based on experience and the assignment. To be discussed.