Planet Interactive is in search of a Freelance Technical Writer to work for a Marketing Services team within one of the country’s top Manufacturing Companies. This role will be 15-20 hours a month at the end of each month. If you have 5+ years as a Technical Writer, we want to hear from you!
Location: Corning, NY
Why You’ll Want to Work Here:
- For more than 160 years our client has applied their unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed lives.
- You would be working for a company that has a culture that is defined by people, ideas and innovation.
- Our client works continuously to improve the quality of life within its employees communities!
What You’ll Do:
- Creates, develops, plans, writes, and edits operational, instructional, maintenance or test procedures for paper, multimedia or web-based publication.
- Assists in the preparation of detailed monthly reports on top projects, including key milestones reached, technical developments, and progress toward objectives.
- Conducts interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation and / or reports.
- Researches and translates technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for nontechnical users.
- May document engineering processes and specifications.
- Recommends formats responsive to technical and customer requirements.
- Produces products that conform to the company documentation and quality assurance standards.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Has internal and some external contacts, and takes precaution to protect sensitive information and intellectual property.